Purpose-Built Neighborhoods for Alzheimer’s or Age-Related Dementia
Our memory care community was designed—from the ground up—to serve the needs of your loved one.
Years of Planning Create a Special Environment for Alzheimer’s or Dementia Challenges
At The Grove, the needs of Mom or Dad have always come first.
Experience said our neighborhood model would create more costs. Operational best practices warned it would be cumbersome.
But the needs of residents—like your loved one—said our design would provide the right environment for Alzheimer’s or other dementia challenges.
Creating Mom or Dad’s future home took nearly three years of research, planning, and development. From visiting memory care facilities to consulting architects, our team went the extra mile.
Four quaint neighborhoods serve as the cornerstone of The Grove’s design. Built for only 10–14 residents each, they replicate the feeling of home, are easy to navigate, and encourage lots of interaction. What’s more, each neighborhood has a similar footprint, helping your loved one avoid confusion.
These neighborhoods are designed to be ability based. The goal is for Mom or Dad to spend each day with friends who share the same abilities.
So, please, be our guest, and stroll our innovative neighborhood model. Then, head over to our Columbus or Toledo communities, and schedule your personal tour.
Stroll Our Neighborhood Design Model
Our neighborhoods take a special approach to Alzheimer’s and age-related dementia.
As you walk through our building, you’ll notice our open concept and aesthetically pleasing architecture and artwork.
However, we’ve also kept things familiar for your loved one.
When you stroll a Grove neighborhood, you’ll discover…
- The Kitchen. At The Grove, mealtime plays an important role in your loved one’s social life. Each neighborhood centers around the kitchen and dining area…bringing some much-needed stability to Mom or Dad’s routine. Our team prepares foods in these open kitchens, creating tasty aromas. For our meals, our goal is to give your loved one the opportunity to enjoy a brain-healthy dish.
- The Table. Forget the formal dining rooms of other assisted living and memory care communities. At The Grove, Mom or Dad will gather around one familiar table. Team members assist with family-style dining…even joining your loved one for the meal. You’re also welcome to drop by and pull up a chair.
- The Living Room. No long hallways here. If Mom or Dad has Alzheimer’s or another age-related dementia, he or she may want to walk about. Our wayfinding design allows loved ones to wander in a natural pattern…rather than pacing up and down a hallway.
- The Apartments. Clustering around the neighborhood are private and companion suites. On the outside of the room, a digital frame will display Mom or Dad’s memories. This frame can even play a message from you, allowing your loved one to hear a familiar voice. Be sure to check out the apartment floor plans we offer in Columbus or Toledo.
- The Outdoors. Don’t let memory challenges keep your loved one inside. Our secure courtyards accommodate your parent’s need to roam. At The Grove, Dad can enjoy nature, or Mom can simply bask in the sunlight.
The Freedom to Explore. The Security to Stay Safe.
When your loved one has memory loss challenges, it’s easy to get a little lost.
At The Grove, we ensure your loved one has a secure environment. Our commitment to preventative safety means we have a maglock on every door. You’ll also find that we use security cameras at our communities.
Our safe neighborhoods allow Mom to enjoy her love for the outdoors in a courtyard…or Dad to stretch his legs with a walk around the neighborhood.
See Our Neighborhood for Yourself
Take a peek into a kitchen. Walk a courtyard path. Meet a team member.